Herbal Treatment for Keloids
A keloids is a kind of scar that has frequently type 1 collagen. It results in a tissue overgrowth where the skin has constant some type of injury. Keloids are rubbery to the touch, firm, shiny and can range from pinkish to red or dark brown in color. Keloids are benign and cannot be passed on to someone different because they are not contagious. Usually they can have severe itching texture changes and sometimes pain as well. I have outlined the Herbal Treatment for keloids below.
For keloids which are mostly troublesome, large or recurrent a short course of radiation therapy after excision can be helpful. Because of the potential side effects of radiation this therapy is reserved for mostly troublesome cases but can be very beneficial in the right conditions. It is unclear what prompts this unusual healing process. Possible Causes of Keloids include genetic factors, skin tension and the presence of a very high number of fibroblasts in the skin.
You may or may not have all the connected Symptoms of Keloids as this finally depends on the cause of the keloid and also your body. Keloid symptoms include:
Slow development of the scar over a period of some months to one year.
- Shiny, hair-free skin on the scar
- Large, bumpy, raised scar tissue that grows beyond the size of the original wound
- Soft and doughy to rubbery and firm to the touch
- Itchy or burning sensation in the scar
- Red, purple, pink or brown scar tissue that is often darker than your normal skin color
Your doctor may do a physical test and look at your medical and personal history to rule out any other potential diseases or conditions. A skin biopsy may be performed to confirm the Diagnosis of Keloids and to rule out any malignant tumor.
Natural Treatment for Keloids
If you don’t have money to afford the professional healing methods, you can make use of home remedies. Some of the excellent Herbal Treatment for Keloids that you can go for are: onion extracts, slather on cocoa butter, aloe Vera gel, lemon juice, and honey. But need not worry as these keloids can be removed with some really natural and simple remedies.
You should be very cautious when using these Natural Remedies for Keloids. The first thing that you should do is to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the remedies. To be on the safe side you should first test the Natural Treatment for Keloids on a small part of your skin and if you are allergic to any you should not use it.
Garlic for Keloids
Garlic stops the extreme fibroblast proliferation that can lead to keloids making it a good Natural Treatment for Keloids these types of scars.
- Apply garlic oil directly on the scar
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash the area carefully
Natural Essential Oils for Keloids
There are many combinations of carrier oils and Natural Essential Oils that work well in fading away keloid scars.
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- Few drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1 or 2 drops neem oil (optional)
- Apply a blend of the oils mentioned on the affected area and massage gently
Tea Tree Oil for Keloids
One of the most effective ways of treating a keloids is this wonderful and powerful antibacterial oil called Tea Tree Oil.
- All you need is 5 tbsp. of pure Tea Tree Oil and some cotton
- You need to soak the cotton in this oil, put it on your keloids and tape it
- In about 2 to 3 hours remove the cotton
- Clean the area with lukewarm water
Jojoba Oil for Keloids
Fading away keloids scar can be easy as A, B, C if you use Jojoba Oil as Herbal Treatment for Keloids. People often use jojoba oil for hair growth and to stop baldness due to fungal infection.
- Wash affected area with lukewarm water and pat dry
- Apply some jojoba oil directly on scars
- With your fingers massage in round motion for 10 minutes
- Keep the oil overnight so that your skin can absorb the fatty acids
- Use this home treatment every day to shrink keloids scar fast
Baking Soda for Keloids
Using a baking soda scrub to exfoliate the keloid will eliminate the dead cells as well as lighten the scar.
- Mix well together and make a paste
- Apply this paste on your keloids for half an hour
- Wash it off with water and moisturize your skin with Olay Regenerist Revitalising Night Cream Moisturiser
Honey for Keloids
Honey has long been used in dressing wounds. Honey may be most beneficial when applied during the early healing process.
- Dab honey onto the keloid at least two or three times a day
- Use a raw slightly processed honey or the darkest honey you can find to maximize your exposure to its health benefits
Aloe Vera for Keloids
Aloe Vera medicinal properties go way above and beyond skin care. It’s best to use real aloe vera gel not the type sold in stores.
- 1 cup of aloe vera juice or half a cup of gel
- Mix the gel with water and rub lightly into the scar
- Wait ten minutes then wash the area thoroughly
- Supplement the remedy by drinking aloe vera juice one time a day
- Repeat as often as needed until the scar vanishes
Lavender Oil for Keloids
Lavender Oil has skin cell rejuvenating properties that can help with all forms of scarring including keloids.
- You can reduce a scar by applying lavender oil and massaging the area gently for some minutes
- You can also mix the same amounts of lavender oil and tea tree essential oil or olive oil
- Apply it on the affected area some times a day
Sandalwood for Keloids
Sandalwood known for its skin regenerating property and rose water being a skin toner works great when used to get rid of keloids.
- Rose water
- 1-2 teaspoons sandalwood powder
- Make a thick paste of sandalwood in rose water and apply on the affected area at bedtime
- Wash off next morning with warm water
Aspirin for Keloids
Aspirin may be not strange for all of us in treating common headaches, fever etc. Some aspirin may help you to fight against keloids. It can help to lessen your scar’s size thanks to its strong power to fight against inflammation.
- Take about 3 aspirins to crush into powder
- Put them in a cup containing a enough quantity of water
- Mix them well to form a paste
- Directly cover the scar with the paste
- Let it stay on for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with water
Frankincense for Keloids
Frankincense is another Natural Treatment for Keloids when it comes to home remedies for keloids scar removal.
- Pour about some drops of Frankincense extract in a cup
- Add a tablespoon of water to it
- Mix them well
- Use a Q-tip to dip in the mixture
- Apply the mixture directly on your scar
- Let it stay on for 20 minutes
- Use warm water to wash it off
Vitamin E for Keloids
One of the simplest Herbal Treatment for Keloids scar removal is using vitamin E bought at every drugstore. Vitamin E gives an instant relief from swelling and itching caused by keloids.
- Take a liquid caplet
- Cut it open
- Pour the liquid directly on your scar
- Slightly massage for 10 minutes
- Do this method three time every day
Grapefruit Seed for Keloids
Grapefruit seed extract contains antioxidants and vitamin C that help to lessen keloids.
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 or 3 drops grapefruit seed extract
- Dilute the grapefruit seed extract in water
- Dip the Q-tip in this and apply it on the keloid
- Leave it on for as long as possible
Onion for Keloids
Onion to be a useful Natural Treatment for Keloids this is possibly because it contains quercetin which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Cut an onion into small pieces
- Press down on them with a clean towel to squeeze out the juice
- Dab the juice on the keloid or place just the wet towel on the keloid
- Let it dry
- Clean your skin
- Repeat up to four times per day
Lemon Juice for Keloids
The acidic nature of lemon can help get rid of keloids. It is very effective natural exfoliator and can be used for scars removal.
- Squeeze out juice from 3 large lemons
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Soak this mixture in one cotton ball and slightly rub on affected area
- You can also add tea tree oil to speed up the healing procedure
- Regular uses of lemon on scars can change the appearance of keloids
Fuller’s Earth for Keloids
Fuller’s earth may also be used to get rid of different kinds of scars including keloids.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of rose water to make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste on the scarred area and massage it slightly in order to soften the scar
- Let it to dry and then apply another layer of paste
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash the area thoroughly with cold water
- Do this on a daily basis until the scar disappears
Apple Cider Vinegar for Keloids
It is a beneficial home remedy for getting rid of keloids. ACV can kill bacteria, lessens the redness and the size of the scar.
- Clean the affected area with mild soap and water
- Apply a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar directly on the scar
- Softly massage the area so that the apple cider vinegar can be absorbed completely by the scar
- Allow the apple cider vinegar to dry for 5 minutes
- Once it is dry repeat the process
- You can do this some times a day for four weeks until the keloids lessen in size
- If apple cider vinegar causes skin irritation you can dilute it with water